Saturday, June 23, 2012

My 31 cake

Here's a another blast from the past cake. I was asked to do a cake for a lady's 31st birthday. In that honor, they were hosting a My Thirty One party. I had never heard of them before, but had a great time browsing through the catalog and planning the cake. I asked which bag was the birthday girl's favorite and planned it around that.


The bags were rice cripies covered in fondant. I hand painted the stripes and flowers to match My Thirty One patterns. 


I wanted the main cake to look like a table with the bags on it. I then did cupcakes to go with it. 


Half of the cupcakes I put a pink flower to match one of their flower pins and on the other half I hand painted to match one of their fabrics. I was ecstatic to find cupcake liners that almost perfectly matched another one of their fabrics.


Here's the cake next to the inspiration bag. The background color isn't exactly the same, but I only had a photo to go by so I was happy about how close it was.

This was one of the few cakes that I didn't have any inspiration from other cakes, and it was one of the first times I've painted on fondant. Definitely a learning experience.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment