Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Animal print cakes

I know, I know, this is amazing--2 posts, 2 days in a row! :o)

Here's a couple of cakes I've done with an animal print theme. The first one I did a couple months ago and it was my first zebra print cake. The stripes are fondant and the purse is rice crispy treats covered in fondant.


I tried a fun technique for the cake itself too. There are lots of tutorials online, but I followed this one. The birthday girl's mom sent me a photo of the inside since I couldn't see the results myself. :o) Wish I had colored the vanilla cake pink.


This next cake I just did a week or so ago. The birthday girl gave me a picture of exactly what she wanted. To copy that look I had to hand paint the stripes and spots. It took some practice, but I think it came out pretty close. If you read my last post, you can tell by the sides that I used ganache under the fondant on this one. Nice and straight! :o)


I don't have any requests for cakes till March, so maybe I'll get a chance to post a couple of my older ones this next week or so.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment