Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Year in Review--Not happenin' :o)

I must have had a short term memory block when I wrote that I might do a Year in Review post. I didn't realize how many cakes I got to make this last year. And each one was so fun to do that I would have a hard time narrowing it down to a reasonable number of cakes to squeeze into one post. It would be much easier on my sanity to do it a little bit at a time.

With that in mind, I'll think I'll post updates by theme, starting with baby showers.This first one is actually a dummy cake that went on top of two other layers. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of the finished cake. The topper was modeled using Carlos Lischetti's book, Animation In Sugar. Awesome book! Totally worth the investment.
This next one I got to use my baby mold for the first time. I used Shawna's awesome tutorial for this little girl. So sweet! I love me some baby bum. :o)
Here she is on her pretty cake. I invented my own tutu flowers to go with the Tutu Cute theme of the shower.
This one wasn't technically for a baby shower. It was a gift during a holiday visit to show little Abby that she will always be top dog. Abby will have to wait 'till April to meet her little sibling. I was able to use my baby mold again, but Abby was modeled by hand from a picture I was given.
Here's a close-up of Abby. Trying to match a breed is difficult.
 Well, my little one is busy practicing her piano and I must go give encouragement and help her to study for a test.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment