Monday, March 14, 2016

Pink Barnyard Cake

Hello there! Here's a quick look at a super cute cake I got to do last weekend. I was originally asked to do a Barnyard cake, and then she called back and asked if I could make it "girly". So, instead of red and primary colors, I went with pink and soft pastels. What do you think?


 I have to give my 12 year old credit since a lot of the design ideas on here were hers. The party hat, birthday banner and picnic blanket as well as some of the color choices were all her ideas. 


This was a Reeses Peanut Butter cake (chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream). Most of the decorations were made with candy clay. I have found that the best "paint" to use on candy clay is petal dust mixed with a little bit of vegetable oil. I used that to write the name on the pendant. The Birthday banner was made from fondant so I used air brush color straight from the bottle. I used this tutorial to make my sheep. It was a LOT easier using royal frosting for the wool than my usual method of rolling balls of fondant. 

They also wanted a little "smash me" cake for the birthday girl so I made this little cupcake for her. 


So cute, and so fun! 

I think I have a cake free week this week, so I may get a chance to get on here later and post some of the other cakes I've done recently. 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment